Netflix’s new documentaries, ‘Night Stalker: The Hunt for the Serial Killer,’ explores the riveting true story of Richard Ramirez, one of the most maligned serial killers. Here you need to know about the killer.
Of Richard Ramirez The crime spree terrorized California and the entire world in 1985. They had no clear signatures, and their victims were men, women, and children. Age was not a factor, and neither was race nor socioeconomic status. It was a race against the clock named a young detective Gil Carrillo And murderer investigator Frank Salerno Dubbed “night hunter” to find man
After more than 35 years, Richard is one of the most notorious serial killers ever. Limited documentary, Night Stalker: The Hunt for Serious Killer, Drops on Netflix on 13 January and explains how the infamous murderer was hunted down and brought to justice. Hollywoodlife There are 5 main things you need to know about Richard Ramirez, aka “Night Stalker”.
1. Richard Ramirez’s crime began in 1984. They murdered, raped and murdered a 79-year-old widow Jenny Winko In June 1984. In March 1985, almost a year later, Richard struck again. He shot and killed Dayal Okazaki And attacked his roommate, Maria Hernández, Who survived. The same night, he murdered Tsai-Lian Yu. The back-to-back murders sparked a media frenzy. He proceeded to a series of murders, rappers and thefts. In a 1989 trial, he was convicted in 13 counts of murder, 5 attempted murder, 11 sexual assaults and 14 burglaries. In 2009, Richard was involved in the 1984 brutal murder of a 9-year-old Mei leung In San Francisco, according to DNA test CBS News.
2. He claimed that he was the devil. Richard forces some of his victims to “swear by the devil” while he terrorizes them. During his first appearance in court, Richard raised his hand to reveal a pentagram drawn on it, AP News Reported. Sigil of Baphomet is a symbol of the Church of Satan. He also shouted in court, “Hail, Satan.” Before he was sentenced to die in the gas chamber, Richard went on a rant in court, Los angeles times Reported. His last words before the sentence were pronounced: “Lucifer dwells within all of us… you don’t understand … and you are not expected to, you are not capable of it.” I am beyond your experience. I am beyond evil. Night night, night breed. Do not repeat the errors of the Night Stalker and show no mercy. I will be avenged. “
3. Richard is captured by the angry mob. A bulletin was issued by the police for the arrest of Richard Ramirez. His name and photographer were released to the public. On August 31, 1985, he was spotted in East Los Angeles. Richard ran away and attempted to steal a car. They were confronted and beaten by civilians in the area, until police arrived, surrounded them and detained them.
4. He married in prison. Richard and Doreen leo’s The relationship began in 1985 after he was imprisoned. They married in 1996. “He’s kind, he’s funny, he’s charming,” she said. “I think he’s a really great person. He’s my best friend; he’s my friend,” he told Cnn in 1997. He reportedly left her in 2009 Guardian.
5. Richard died in 2013. Richard died of lymphoma on June 7, 2013 at the age of 53. He was undergoing treatment at Marin General Hospital in California. Los Angeles Times. At the time, the serial killer was also “suffering from chronic substance abuse and chronic hepatitis C viral infection.”